Makes 4 servings
Be sure to purchase gluten-free
products for all recipes.
8 slices Goodbye Gluten gluten-free white bread
1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. agave syrup (or light corn syrup)
1 tsp. canola oil
1 c. sliced bananas
2 lg. eggs
1 1/4 c. milk (or soy milk)
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. sea salt
Canola oil spray
- In a small saucepan, melt brown sugar, butter, agave syrup and oil over medium heat, stirring until it reaches a light boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in banana slices. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; blend in milk, sugar, vanilla , allspice, and sea salt. Soak each slice of gluten-free bread in egg mixture for 30 seconds per side and rest on plate (repeat if necessary).
- Spray a skillet or griddle pan with canola spray and pre-heat on medium.
- Cook each slice 3-4 minutes per side or until toast is lightly browned.
- Spoon banana sauce over French toast as desired and serve immediately. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, if desired.
Variation: Add 1/2 c. blueberries to sauce with banana